Third Trinity Ball act revealed

news1Trinity News can reveal that another act has been added to the Trinity Ball 2015 line-up. Following on from the announcement this morning of the Ball’s first two acts, 2 Bears and LXURY, Trinity News has learned that Walking on Cars will also be playing at this year’s Ball on April 17th.

Walking on Cars are a five-piece Irish rock/pop band, hailing from Dingle, co. Kerry. The band is composed of five school friends – Patrick Sheehy (singer/lyricist) Sorcha Durham (pianist), Dan Devane (lead guitarist), Paul Flannery (bass guitarist) and Evan Hadnett (drummer) – who began writing songs together in 2010. In 2011, the group rented a house along the wilds of the Kerry coastline and began to record demos. Within a year, they had won the Red Bull Bedroom Jam and their debut single, “Catch Me If You Can” in 2012 reached No. 1 in the Irish iTunes Charts. It remained in the Irish charts for over 20 weeks.

Their debut EP, “As We Fly South”, was released in 2013, followed by their current EP “Hand in Hand” in 2014. They also featured in the Other Voices festival in Dingle, the first time in the festival’s history that all members of the band were born and raised in Dingle. The band is due to release their debut album in 2015 before the ball.

The news follow the announcement of the first two acts of the Ball this morning – 2 Bears, a British duo from London composed of Joe Goddard of Hot Chip and Raf Rundell of 1965 Records, and South London based producer LXURY.

2 Bears, famed for their eclectic costumes, perform their original music that includes the amalgamation of various styles such as hip-hop and house. In the past, they have received radio support in the UK from Fearne Cotton and Nick Grimshaw. They are no strangers to having played in Ireland, having played at Electric Picnic and last November in Opium Rooms.

The profile of LXURY, who will be joining the duo in the dance tent in April, has been on the rise since a track of his was chosen by Disclosure in their “Essential Mix” for Radio 1 in the UK, which resulted in them releasing it through their Method label in September 2013. His latest release, his third EP “Into the Everywhere”, was released in 2014. Wonderland magazine described him as “the kind of guy you’d expect to see on a WHP line- up – ignore him in favour of the headliner and then kick yourself in the teeth a year later.”

The full line-up for Trinity Ball 2015 will be announced this Sunday, February 15th. The tickets will go on sale for €80 on the following Wednesday, 18th February online and through SU shops.

Photo: AMA