Bloc Party to headline Trinity Ball 2017

Homegrown acts Hare Squead, The Strypes, Little Hours and King Kong Company are also set to play the event in April

London-based indie rock hallmark Bloc Party are set to headline this year’s Trinity Ball in April, while an array of genre-spanning artists have also been announced. The lineup includes:

• Riptide Movement
  • The Strypes 
  • Blossoms 
  • Kolsch
  • Wilkinson
  • Fatima Yamaha
  • Loyle Carner
  • Section Boyz
  • SG Lewis
  • Hare Squead 
  • Little Hours
  • King Kong Company
  • Chris Wise & the Hidden Revolution
  • Stelartronic
  • April Towers
  • Eve Belle

Homegrown artists feature in the lineup, including Dublin hip-hop trio Hare Squead, four-piece Cavan rock band The Strypes, Donegal duo Little Hours and dance act King Kong Company – who found their beginning in Waterford IT in 1996.

This also underlines the mix of budding artists and prominent names; from hip-hop and grimes rapper Loyle Carner who has just released his debut album “Yesterday’s Gone” to rave reviews, to the Austrian producer and electroswing DJ Parov Stelar – performing under the name of his new project Stelartronic. 

The variety of music taste among students seems to be reflected in the diversity of the acts; indie pop outfits Blossoms and April Towers are sure to satisfy fans of “The 1975” and other ’80s indie pop throwbacks while the strong presence of rap and hip-hop artists such Section Boyz and Hare Squead are sure to bring a lively and energetic presence to the stage.

As for dance acts, ambient down-tempo producers such as SG Lewis are sure to bring the soulful side of house to the fore, with harder hitting artists like techno DJ Kolsch and drum and base producer Wilkinson sure to “make you stay on the dance floor when you were too tired and wanted to leave hours ago”, according to Ents Officer Padraic Rowley.

Tickets on sale February 15th from trinityball.ie

Niamh Moriarty

Niamh is a Senior Freshman Political Science, Philosophy and Economics student. She is current digital editor for Trinity News.