Earlier starting time and ticket price increase among changes announced for Trinity Ball

With the event now starting at 9pm, ticket prices have increased from €80 to €87

The Trinity Ball Committee have implemented a number of changes to the organisation of Trinity Ball, which include starting the event an hour earlier. The changes are being implemented because of the ongoing LUAS works outside College and “also take into account that in the longer term LUAS trams will be operating every day”.

Gates will open for Trinity Ball at 9pm on the night, with the first act starting at the same time, rather than the previous time of 10pm. Attendees will be required to be inside campus by 10.30pm with the Ball ending at the usual time on 5am. A new third entrance will also be in place at Westland Row.

In addition, due to the additional acts required for the earlier opening time, alongside “security and site personnel costs,” tickets prices for Trinity Ball will increase from €80 to €87. This is the first time in nearly a decade that there will be an increase.

The Riptide Movement, Wilkinson, SG Lewis and Nick Johnson are the acts that have been announced to play Trinity Ball so far, which takes place on April 7 this year. The complete line-up will be announced this week with tickets going on sale on February 15.

Niamh Lynch

Niamh was Editor of the 65th volume of Trinity News. She is a History and Politics graduate.