DU Dance win Linklaters competition

“This money is going to be so instrumental in finally giving DU Dance a permanent home and we are just so ecstatic!”

Linklaters have announced that DU Dance have won their annual “Pitch Your Ambition” competition, winning a prize of £5,000 which they will put towards practice spaces. DU Dance has struggled to find a suitable space to practise this year as its original space, Regent House, has been unavailable for use during its redevelopment as a tourist centre.

The competition is described by Linklaters as an opportunity for student teams or societies to “submit ideas that would help them to improve, evolve or establish their team or society”.

Speaking to Trinity News, the Chair of DU Dance Michael Burns, said: “We’re delighted, and just want to say a huge thanks to everyone who took an interest in our story this year and helped out by liking and sharing the entry. It really means the world to us, this money will help fund training facilities for dancers, and will help renovate a home for DU Dance.”

Keelin Shaughnessy, DU Dance Public Relations Officer, gave the following statement: “We are all buzzing with this news! Our Treasurer Lauren deserves a special shout out for her all of her effort. It is such an incredible feeing to have received support from so many groups on campus as well, who helped spread the word about our situation. Just hours before we heard, our Jazz team was in tears over a lack of rehearsal space. Now we are tearing up from how happy we are. This money is going to be so instrumental in finally giving DU Dance a permanent home and we are just so ecstatic!”

Oisin Vince Coulter

Oisin was Editor for the 63rd volume of Trinity News. He is a Philosophy and Classical Civilisations graduate.