Cure your post-Freshers’ blues with Urban Jungle

Trinity Ents promises to keep the good times rolling with this unique event.

In an attempt to tackle the post Freshers’ Week blues, Trinity Ents has teamed up with Plynk, a money messaging app, as well as DU Players and TCD Fashion Soc to present The Meeting House Square: Urban Jungle. In doing this, they promise to help fill the inevitable void that has been left after the “endless stream of pizza, crépes and burrito vouchers disappear”.

TCDSU Ents Officer Jonah Craig promised unique events during his campaign last March and he has certainly delivered with this one. Meeting House Square is one of Dublin’s most unique venues and is located in Temple Bar, just a stone’s throw from College. This exceptional venue will be matched with a promising lineup, which features Trinity Orchestra, Daithí and The Midnight Disco DJ’s.

Frequent festival performers, The Trinity Orchestra has taken to the main stage at Electric Picnic, Forbidden Fruit and Metropolis. The orchestra has also performed alongside artists such as Hozier and will be sure to wow guests with their unique and powerful sound.

Daithí is known as “an Irish fiddle player [who uses] electronics to boost traditional Irish music into something unique and different”. Having toured with The XX, Macklemore and DJ Shadow, he is a household name who will certainly help to draw in a big crowd. The final addition to the lineup is The Midnight Disco, described by Trisha Cusack, one of the six creators of the project, as a night “run by students, aimed at students”.

Their events are always popular among college students and Cusack owes this to the fact that people appreciate that they’re “six students who want to put on a good night for [their] friends”. This amazing lineup combination is certain to make for a successful night.

When speaking about the event, Craig explains that it will be a “huge milestone” for Trinity Ents- “We have put so much time and resources into setting this event and we’re ready to give it our all come next Wednesday!”

Limited tickets are on sale in the Arts Block today until 2pm and online.