Date for Trinity Ball unveiled

A new addition to the event is that it will be themed.

Trinity Ball will take place on April 6 this year, Trinity College Dublin Students Union (TCDSU) Ents Officer Jonah Craig has revealed.

This year marks the first time the event will have a theme. Craig and the Ents Committee have not yet announced what the theme will be. However, speaking to Trinity News, Craig noted that a hint to the theme is on the Facebook event page. The theme will extend to the Ball’s visuals, including the posters advertising the event and the art installations present throughout the campus grounds on the night.

Price of tickets to the one-night concert on Trinity’s campus have yet to be announced. The Ball will begin at 10pm.

Last year, ticket prices increased by €7 to €87 due to additional acts which were required to play at an earlier time, as well as security costs. This was the first time tickets to the Ball had increased in nearly a decade. The Trinity Ball Committee made a number of changes to the event in 2017, including an earlier start time due to Luas works. The Ball began at 9pm instead of 10pm, with the usual end time of 5am. 

The €7 increase was later refunded to students due to a sponsorship deal with Plynk: The Money Messenger, where those who downloaded the app were reimbursed.

Tickets are usually made available in mid-February, with the lineup announced several days before the launch of ticket sales. In 2017, tickets sold out in less than five hours. Traditionally, tickets could be purchased in three ways: online, at the SU Shop in House 6 and over the phone. Tickets can be collected on the day of the Ball.The line-up for the night has yet to be unveiled.

Additional reporting by Aisling Grace. 

Seana Davis is a fourth year Geology student and News Editor of Trinity News.