Trinity’s Ian Matthews to take on role in Abu Dhabi University

Current Chief Financial Officer Ian Matthews to move to Abu Dhabi in December

Chief Financial Officer (CFO) Ian Matthews is set to leave Trinity before Christmas to take on the role of Vice-Chancellor of Administrative and Financial Affairs at Abu Dhabi University starting December 7th.

Provost Patrick Prendergast congratulated Matthews on his new position, stating: “Ian has had a tremendously successful 24 years in Trinity and we wish him well.”

Matthews became CFO of Trinity in 2009, having previously held senior roles in the Financial Services Division over 16 years of working with Trinity. In addition to holding qualifications as a chartered accountant, he has managed Trinity’s financial accounts under the Board and Provost.

In April, Trinity’s Financial Services Division were recognised as the ‘Finance Team of the Year’ at the Irish Accountancy Awards 2018. The title praises the achievements of a team that transfers “a high level of financial advice” to its respective organisation. The award was judged on teamwork, innovation and impact.

Matthews stated that: “Having experienced huge organisational change over the last 10 years, I am very proud to say that every member of our team has contributed to our transformation into the high performance finance team we are today.”

“The Finance Team of the Year Award provides us with public recognition for that contribution and commitment, and for all the good old fashioned hard work of FSD and as such, will take pride of place in our office,” he continued.

Abu Dhabi University is a private university in the United Arab Emirates with campuses in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, and Dubai. Recent QS rankings have placed Abu Dhabi University at 32 in the Arab Region Rankings and 701-750 worldwide. Trinity currently ranks at 104 globally.

Caroline Boyle

Caroline Boyle is a current Deputy News Editor of Trinity News. She is a Senior Fresh BESS student, and a former Senior Reporter.