Trinity to launch postgraduate course in regional cities

The course aimed at jobseekers will be taught in Galway, Limerick and Cork as well as Dublin

Trinity is set to launch a new level nine postgraduate course in Innovation and Enterprise Development which is to be delivered in Dublin, Galway, Limerick and Cork.

The course will be taught through a combination of online work and in-person teaching at Bank of Ireland “workbenches” in the four cities, marking College’s first time to teach a course across all of these locations.

Jobseekers, homemakers, and carers can access the course, which is funded by Springboard+, free of charge, while those already in employment are to be charged €240. Springboard+ an upskilling initiative which provides a variety of free higher education courses to people who are unemployed, and is run by the Higher Education Authority (HEA) on behalf of the Department of Education and Skills.

The course is part of Trinity’s Tangent programme, which launched last September. Tangent CEO Ken Finnegan tweeted that the course would be a “super opportunity to attain a qualification in innovation and entrepreneurship from Trinity across the country”.

There are three modules in the course which aim to equip graduates with the necessary skills to start their own entrepreneurial projects by “acquiring a range of problem-solving and lateral thinking skills” in order to “empower students to translate creative and innovative ideas into products, services and policies for commercial, social and cultural benefit”.

Entry requirements are a recognised NFQ Level 8 Degree or “lower qualifications plus significant work experience” and applications are now open on the Springboard website.

Tangent is set to be housed in the new Trinity Business School building which will open in March 2019. The new building will also hold a a 600-seat auditorium, several smaller lecture theatres, and a 200-seat café.

Finn Purdy

Finn Purdy is the current Deputy Editor of Trinity News. He is a Junior Sophister English Studies student, and a former News Editor and Assistant News Editor.