The Wine and Cheese Festival is set to tickle your palate

Bodytonic’s eagerly anticipated culinary celebration comes to the Iveagh Gardens this August

From August 8 to August 11, Eatyard by Bodytonic is hosting The Wine and Cheese Festival in the Iveagh Gardens. A broad selection of wines, cheeses and crackers will be on sale to attendees, with ticket prices ranging from €16 to €22.

Festival-goers will have access to a slew of workshops and tasting demonstrations, which are included in the ticket price. Musical entertainment will be provided by our very own Trinity Orchestra (who are set to perform an ABBA medley), the Dublin Ukulele Collective, and former Trinity Ents Battle of the Bands winners Cooks But We’re Chefs. Likewise, the Dublin Circus Project, an organisation dedicated to the promotion and teaching of circus arts in the city, is also included in the weekend line-up and will be sure to entertain children and adults alike.

The produce of Sheridan’s Cheesemongers and Cáis Cheesemakers, as well as Hegarty’s Cheddar and Cashel Blue will be included in the selection of cheeses available. To complement the cheese, a large variety of wines from companies such as Wine Lab, Green Man Wines and The Winehouse will also be provided. However, if wine is not your weakness, other alcoholic alternatives such as Five Lamps lager, Schweppes, Roe & Co Irish Whiskey and Brewtonic beers will be available to purchase. Brewtonic reusable glassware will be provided throughout the festival as part of Bodytonic’s Greentonic initiative.

With so much going on throughout the festival, there are a few key events which simply cannot be missed, and Trinity News has you covered.

Graham Norton & Villa Maria

Who knew that Graham Norton had a whole range of own brand wines? Attendees can enjoy the same wines Norton offers his guests on his BBC 1 chat show, and also take a seat in the famed red chair, which is majorly instagram worthy.

The Cheesecake Bloke

The inclusion of cheesy desserts in this wine and cheese festival is more than welcome. These bakes will be provided by The Cupcake Bloke, who you probably know as the Six O’Clock Show regular, Graham Herterich. Both savoury and sweet treats will be on offer, and they simply must be sampled.

Beo Kitchen

This wine bar and kitchen specialises in natural plant based organic wine and food. Its vegan restaurant in Stoneybatter has received many rave reviews, so having a taster during the Wine and Cheese Festival will surely be worth a try.

As demos and masterclasses can only be booked on the day, getting to the festival well in advance will ensure optimal success in attending all of the best events. Tickets for the weekend are available from Eventbrite.

Suzanne Flynn

Suzanne Flynn is the current Deputy Life Editor for Trinity News, and a Senior Sophister Law and German student.