This week in Trinity: Fascinating talks, poster making and a stage design masterclass

Crafting is big this week, although not as big as the celebrity guest gracing the GMB

Every week on campus there’s something fun afoot, in fact there’s usually a few fun things going on. Week three of the Michaelmas Term is no different and Trinity News has you sorted with our top picks of the week, truly the cream that has risen to the top of the glass of milk that acts as society life in this metaphor. So are we ready for some engaging and nourishing activities this week?

Monday is sure to be a real fun day and get the week started in a good head space courtesy of DU Meditation Soc’s Mindful Mondays at 1pm. This is a lovely way to check in with yourself at the start of the week. Then, that evening there are two other not-to-be-missed happenings. At 6pm DU ZOO Soc will be hosting a talk with Professor Jana Eccard on bank voles. Then at 7pm Trinity Musical Society are holding a Design Workshop. This event looks to be a great night for students who are interested in getting into stage design. A recent recipient of the Yeats Design Residency in the Abbey Theatre, Sinead O’Donnell-Carey, is running the event with TMS.

On Tuesday some of our beginning of the week optimism can fade. If you find yourself in need of rejuvenation through conversation head to Knit Soc’s Tuesday night Stitch & Bitch at 5pm to work out some knots.

If you’re looking to get even craftier in the coming week, there will be two poster making workshops unfolding in the week, which will provide just that opportunity. On Wednesday evening at 6pm Vis Arts will be unrolling the A3 paper, and on Thursday at 7pm the Botanical Society will be doing the same for their own workshop. If you are into crafting this could be an affordable way to decorate your bedroom or student house.

Du Film and Law Soc will be speaking with actor Jack Reynor on Wednesday at 1pm. It is advisable to attend this event well in advance as it is expected to be a busy one. It’s sure to be an interesting lunch hour. Also on Wednesday, Du Dance runs a ballet class at 6pm. It’s the perfect opportunity to soothe your child ego which still reels from dashed dreams of ballerina stardom.

As always there are plenty of more events coming in the week – these are only some of our favourites. These guides will be coming weekly, so keep your eyes peeled for the next instalment when Trinity News will continue to hold your hand and guide you through the chaos and clutter of campus life.

Gráinne Quigley

Gráinne Quigley is a Deputy Societies Editor for Trinity News.