College to begin phased reopening of campus today

Limited activities are allowed to resume today on campus as Phase One begins.

The first phase of College’s reopening is to begin today as activities including construction, the College Health Service and a Library van restart on a limited basis.

College has been closed since 6pm on March 12, once the government initially announced that all schools, colleges and childcare facilities were to be closed to stop the spread of Covid-19. While lectures and exams took place online during the lockdown period, Phase One of reopening campus is to begin today.

Limited activities may resume today under Phase One of the government action plan to reopen the country after lockdown. 

Outside contractors are allowed to resume construction today on the college’s campus. College specified that this would only be where social distancing was “possible” and in coherence with government regulations. 

The College Health Service will be allowed to return to campus today. The centre will only be able to treat a limited number of people in face-to-face consultations and appointments must be made in advance by phone. 

The Library van will also be operational from today to accept book returns. The van will be at Lincoln Place entrance on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 12-2pm. 

Some key work on campus has been continuing during the country-wide lockdown, which is to continue under the phased reopening. Estates and Facilities staff are to continue to come to campus as normal to help for phased return of students and staff. 

Staff who are involved in priority research, including Covid-19 research, are to continue their work on campus. Staff involved in the Covid-19 Contract Tracing Centre in the Trinity Business school are to also continue their work. 

On-campus residents who are still living in their accommodation are permitted to be on campus, as they have been through the lockdown period. 

Apart from these activities, the campus remains closed. Due to the current coronavirus pandemic, the Trinity campus is expected to be closed to students and the public until September or October, as per the government’s directive. Libraries also remain closed, although access to online resources remains open.