GSU elections to be run by independent online elections company

The GSU Electoral Commission has finalised the timeline for the Elections for GSU Sabbatical Officer elections for the upcoming academic year

Nominations for the Graduate Students Union (GSU) elections will open on May 11, it has been announced today. The initial candidate briefing is to be on May 15, with the campaign officially starting on the 18th. 

The GSU’s electoral commision have stated that the election will be facilitated by an independent online elections company, Mi-Voice. The electoral commission stated that the involvement of an outside entity running the election was to  “ensure that the election is completely secure and fair in these unprecedented times”, adding that “Mi-Voice has been used by the university in the past, and we’re thrilled to be working with them here”.

The GSU president and vice-president are to be elected during this election. 

The GSU are to hold two hustings, one being a video hustings and the other a write in hustings, as no physical hustings can take place due to government restrictions to help battle Covid-19. 

Voting for the GSU elections will take place on May 27, 28, and 29.