Library to introduce pre-booking service for students

The Library plans to partially resume service by introducing a pre-booked study space system

The Library of Trinity has announced that access to the library will require students to pre-book study spaces. 

In a statement released today, the Library noted that “the booking system is currently under development and will be launched on Wednesday 30 September.” 

Resumption of physical Library services are referenced to be “phased and gradual,” with priority of the initial phases to be given to current staff and students. Alumni access is planned to be granted later in September. 

The Library closed on March 12 following the closure of schools and universities around Ireland to prevent the spread of Covid-19.

Its phased reopening began at the end of June with the opening of 30 study spaces in Kinsella Hall on the first floor of the Ussher Library.

Ahead of the reopening of the Library’s buildings this summer, a spokesperson for the Library said that “once the limit in each building is reached (which can be determined from our RFID security panels), we would implement a one-in/one-out policy, very much as supermarkets are doing.”

The Library continues to keep safety as a priority for users and staff by requiring face coverings at all times. They have stated that “readers will not be granted access to the library” without a face covering.

For additional information on face covering requirements, The Library encourages readers to visit the citizens information website prior to their visit. 

The Library has stated that updates on the pre-booking system and other measures related to Covid-19 restrictions will be posted on its website and social media in the coming weeks. They note that these processes may change in compliance with any new government or university regulations.