Trinity opens new off-campus student Leap Card office

Students from all Dublin universities will have access to the Temple Bar pop-up shop

This weekend, Trinity College Dublin Students’ Union (TCDSU) announced the opening of a new Leap Card pop-up shop in Parliament Street, Temple Bar.

As outlined on the SU website, the Student Leap Card is “the national student travel and discount card.” 

For several years, Trinity has hosted an office for students to procure Leap Cards in House 6, but as College has mandated that only Trinity staff and students may gain access to campus by way of presenting identification cards, students in other Dublin colleges no longer have access to the House 6 office.

The opening of the new Temple Bar location allows for students who attend other institutions to apply for Student Leap Cards.

Trinity students will have access to the new office, but they can also still buy Leap Cards at the SU Front Office, located on the ground floor of House 6 on Trinity’s campus. Social media posts from TCDSU have urged Trinity students to promote the off-campus shop to peers who attend other institutions and need Leap Cards. 

Before visiting the pop-up shop, students are asked to pre-register for a card online at studentleapcard.ie. Student Leap Cards can be purchased for a €10 start-up fee.

The pop-up shop is open from 9:30am to 5pm on weekdays. 

Audrey Brown

Audrey Brown is a Senior Fresher English Studies student, and the Deputy News Editor of Trinity News.