Grace Gageby elected Chair of Trinity Publications

The positions of Treasurer and Amenities Officer were left unfilled at tonight’s AGM of Trinity Publications, and a special EGM will be held in an attempt to fill them

Grace Gageby was elected Chair of the Trinity Publications committee this evening in an AGM held remotely over video call. 

Gageby is a Junior Sophister English and Philosophy student, and served as secretary of the committee this year. She will take over from incumbent chair Meg-Elizabeth Lynch.

Gageby has also served deputy comment editor of Trinity News this year. 

Speaking to Trinity News Gageby said that she was “surprised and honoured” to have been elected. She said she was “extremely excited to work with the talented people alongside me, and to promote and support both existing and new publications in the coming year.” 

Elections for other positions on the executive committee also took place at the meeting. Shannon McGreevy was elected Secretary. McGreevy currently holds the role of sports editor of Trinity News. Oz Russell will be the committee’s new Public Relations Officer, and Ellen Kenny was elected to serve as Alumni Officer.

There were no candidates for Treasurer and no one was elected to the post Amenities Officer. The only candidate for Amenities Officer was Ellen Kenny, who was ineligible upon being elected Alumni Officer.

A special EGM will be held to fill the two positions left vacant. 

Trinity Publications is one of Trinity’s five capitated bodies, which receive funding from College through the Capitations Committee. The other four are Trinity College Dublin Students’ Union (TCDSU), the Graduate Students’ Union (GSU), the Central Societies Committee (CSC), and Dublin University Central Athletic Club (DUCAC).

Trinity Publications uses its funding to support student-run publications and magazines including Trinity News, Icarus, TN2 and the Piranha.