CSC and TCDSU propose one-day Re-Freshers Fair planned for next Wednesday February 2

The CSC and TCDSU are currently awaiting confirmation from College

The Central Societies Committee (CSC) and Trinity College Dublin Students’ Union (TCDSU) have proposed a one-day Re-Freshers Fair planned for next Wednesday February 2. 

The CSC and TCDSU are currently awaiting confirmation from College.

In an email seen by Trinity News, CSC Administrative Officer Emma Matthews wrote: “The CSC and SU have proposed to College that we run a mini Freshers Fair on 2nd Feb (TBC).”

The fair is to model the Freshers Fair in September but only runs for 1 day from 11-3pm.

In the email, Matthews said societies should not feel obligated to have a stand at the proposed fair.

“We understand that it’s difficult timewise with your other responsibilities and commitments,” she noted.

If societies cannot take part in person, the CSC and SU have promised that there will be “plenty of online promotion carried out on behalf of all societies, and [they] will direct students to the online hub to sign up”.

Societies that would like to take part in the fair were asked to respond by Google Form by January 26 at 5pm “with a YES or NO to ensure that [the CSC and SU] are aware of the numbers [they] need to order tables/chairs for”.

Matthews ended the email telling societies that “more info on ReFreshers [will] follow”.

In September, TCDSU and the CSC held a three-day fair for Freshers Week in Front Square.

At the fair, students were offered TCDSU Welcome Packages, had the opportunity to join societies, sign up to be a class representative and have the opportunity to talk with the SU sabbatical officers.

Bella Salerno

Bella Salerno is currently a Deputy News Editor of Trinity News. She is a Senior Fresh Middle Eastern, Jewish and Islamic Civilisations and French student.