Media Hustings to take place in Uí Chadhain Theatre this Friday

Hosted by Trinity News and the University Times, Media Hustings will occur from 2pm to 3pm.

Media Hustings will take place this Friday, February 24, in the Uí Chadhain Theatre at 2 pm, Trinity News can now confirm.

The hustings event, which is hosted by the editor of Trinity News and the editor of the University Times (UT), will pose questions to the candidates for Trinity College Dublin Students Union (TCDSU) elections.

Candidates will be asked two questions by both the editors of Trinity News and the University Times, and then will be asked two questions from the staff of Trinity News and two from the staff of UT. 

Media Hustings is the third hustings to be held for candidates in the 2023/24 election race, with Dining Hall Hustings taking place on Monday, and Council/Equality Hustings taking place yesterday. After Media Hustings, candidates will face questions from the Junior Common Room (JCR) committee at Hall Hustings on Monday evening, February 27.

Voting for this year’s elections will run online from February 28 to March 2. The outcome of the election will be announced on the evening of March 2. 

Eva O'Beirne

Eva O'Beirne is the Social Media and Management Editor of Trinity News and a Senior Sophister History Student. She has previously served as the Deputy Life Editor and Sex and Relationships Editor.