Two Door Cinema Club to headline Trinity Ball

Other acts included in this year’s event are Moncrieff, Somebody’s Child and Hannah Laing

Two Door Cinema Club will headline this year’s Trinity Ball, Trinity Ents has announced this morning. 

Trinity Ent’s revealed this year’s line-up through their Instagram this morning, with acts such as Monjola, Somebody’s Child and Hannah Laing to feature on the bill. 

Often described as “Europe’s largest private party”, Trinity Ball will take place on campus on Friday April 14. This may be the last Trinity Ball on campus for at least the next few years, with Trinity College Dublin Students’ Union (TCDSU) telling Trinity News in January that construction works associated with the Old Library Redevelopment Project will mean access to two main stage areas will be lost. Trinity Ball 2024 will likely be held outside the College’s walls. 

This year’s theme is “Back to the ‘90s”. 

Two Door Cinema Club are a band from Bangor, Belfast, and were formed in 2007. 

Last year, Trinity Ball also platformed a number of student acts, which appears to be the case again this year, with DUDJ and the Trinity Orchestra due to perform at the event. 

Trinity College Dublin Students’ Union (TCDSU) hinted last week that students should expect to see some “familiar names”. 

Two Door Cinema Club were featured on BBC’s “The Sound of … 2010” in December 2009, and were awarded the Choice Music Prize for Irish Album of the year 2010 on 3 March 2011. 

Moncrieff is a singer from Waterford, moving to London at 19 to pursue his career. Elton John once described Moncrieff as “one to watch”. 

Tickets will go on sale on Wednesday, March 1, at 8:30 am. Students who pre-registered for tickets will receive a link via email from TCDSU to buy tickets.

Trinity Ball has been held on campus every year since its inception in 1959, with the exception of 2020 and 2021 when the event was not held due to pandemic restrictions.