Filming for Neil Jordan film to take place in Trinity

Scenes for “The Widow” will be shot in the Sports Centre later this week

Filming for a new feature film, Neil Jordan’s “The Widow”, will take place later this week at the Climbing Wall in the Sports Centre. Set-up by the production company will take place on Wednesday, while filming with occur the next day. However, there will be no access to the Climbing Wall from 8am on Wednesday to 2.30pm on the Thursday, as well as no access to the Wellness Room or Ancillary Hall on Thursday till 2.30pm only.

College said in an email sent out to all students today that financial contribution from the filming will be “invested in supporting the College’s academic mission”.

“The Widow”, a thriller, stars Chloë Grace Moretz, Maika Monroe and Isabelle Huppert. Moretz plays Frances, a young woman who is new to Manhattan, and her unlikely friendship with an elderly widow whose intentions eventually turn out to be dangerous. Meanwhile, Monroe will play Frances’ protective best friend.

Neil Jordan, an Irish writer and director, wrote and directed the 1992 film “The Crying Game”, which won the Academy Award for Best Original Screenplay, as well as directing many well-known films including 1994’s “Interview with the Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles”, 2005’s “Breakfast on Pluto” and the 2007 film “The Brave One”.

Niamh Lynch

Niamh Lynch

Niamh is a 3rd year History and Political Science student and current Deputy Editor of Trinity News.
Niamh Lynch

Editors

Sarah Meehan

Aisling Crabbe
Natalia Duda
Sarah Morel
Mike Dolan
John Tierney
Naoise Dolan
Sarah Larragy
Mubbashir Ali Sultan
Nadia Bertaud
Daniel Tatlow