Former USI president Annie Hoey appointed to TCDSU Board of Trustees

Hoey was elected president of the USI in 2016 and was previously the Vice-President for Equality and Citizenship of the USI in 2015

Annie Hoey, former Union of Students in Ireland (USI) President, will join the Trinity College Dublin Students’ Union (TCDSU) Board of Trustees.

Kevin Keane, TCDSU President, proposed the motion while it was seconded by TCDSU Welfare Office Alice MacPherson.

The Board of Trustees is a body of TCDSU created in 2015 to assist the union in organisational matters.

Speaking in favour of the motion, Keane said: “Annie has, in the short time since I took over, been of excellent use in terms of advice. She would be an excellent choice and would steer the union in the right direction.” Speaking to Council, Hoey stated that she hoped to “bring something in an advisory council and in terms of a strategic direction” to TCDSU.

Hoey was elected president of the USI in 2016. She was previously the Vice-President for Equality and Citizenship of the USI in 2015.

Hoey ran for USI President on a platform which placed higher education funding as her number one priority.

She graduated from University College Cork (UCC), where she was Deputy President and Campaigns Officer of UCCSU.

According to Article 4.10 of the TCDSU constitution, there should be no fewer than six and a maximum of nine voting trustees of the Union.

Editors

Sarah Meehan

Aisling Crabbe
Natalia Duda
Sarah Morel
Mike Dolan
John Tierney
Naoise Dolan
Sarah Larragy
Mubbashir Ali Sultan
Nadia Bertaud
Daniel Tatlow