Freshers’ Week Tuesday with Trinity Ents

Duke Dumont kept Freshers dancing into the small hours at the second of Ents Freshers’ Week events.

Trinity Ents continued their Freshers’ week line-up with Freshers Ball feat. Duke Dumont at The Academy last night. In what seems to be a trend for Ents nights this week, it was immensely popular, with the queue stretching more or less the length of the road at times. Perhaps that’s a warning to make sure to attend early if you plan to go to other Ents events this week. Having fought through the crowds the door was a breeze, manned by a mixture of Academy staff and the ‘Ents crew’. Unfortunately for some, those on the door were ruthless with with the always questionable ‘broken wristbands’ , and the bouncers swiftly removed anyone who seemed to have had a bit too much.

The main smoking area was directly next to the entrance, a nice cordoned off area on street with plenty of space and cool night air to help people sober up a bit if needed. Once inside, there was two floors of music and dancing to enjoy, with a balcony area overlooking the main dance floor. This top floor/balcony was restricted to those with pink wristbands (full disclosure – this writer was in possession of one of those wristbands) but proved a welcome refuge as the night went on from the packed main area.

The night began with Jack Dunne and Max Waterstone on the main dance floor, which quickly thronged with people. Perhaps inevitably, the SPIN 1038 DJ’s in the basement ‘Green Room’ found themselves without too much of an audience, especially once Duke Dumont made his appearance at around 1:30 or 2:00. Combined with his well crafted electronic beats was an equally well done AV display – so popular was he that the end of the night was met with repeated chants of “one more song”. The chant was unsuccessful, but was a strong testament to a very enjoyable night.

Oisin Vince Coulter

Oisin was Editor for the 63rd volume of Trinity News. He is a Philosophy and Classical Civilisations graduate.