New joint degree in physiotherapy announced between Trinity and Singapore Institute of Technology

Trinity will deliver 25% of overall teaching

NEWSA new joint degree in physiotherapy between Trinity College Dublin and the Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT) has been announced. The degree will start in the 2016/17 academic year.

The university, which is one of five autonomous universities in Singapore, was founded in 2009 and has 2,800 students.

The degree, which will have an intake of 100 students a year has been developed over the last two years, comes on the back of an already strong relationship between Trinity and SIT.

The universities have been working together for the past five years and have launched a number of one-year programmes in physiotherapy, occupational therapy, radiation therapy and diagnostic radiography, which have produced over 300 graduates.

This new degree will see this relationship continue for the next eight years and Trinity will contribute 25% of overall teaching.

The agreement was signed by the Provost of Trinity, Dr Patrick Prendergast, and Professor Thiam Soon Tan, President of SIT, who visited Trinity with his senior management team earlier this month.

The announcement has been welcomed by Professor Juliette Hussey, Vice President for Global Relations at Trinity, who said that it will help to build “Trinity’s global presence and has assisted in building our reputation and recognition in south east Asia.” She added that she hopes it will be “the first of a number of joint programmes with universities overseas.”