TCDSU launch partnership with Offbeat Donuts

Offbeat Donuts will be selling donuts in the Students Union (SU) shop in House 6 from Monday of Freshers Week

Trinity College Dublin Students’ Union (TCDSU) has launched a partnership with Offbeat Donuts which will see a donut stand in the SU shop in House 6 from Monday of Freshers Week.

Speaking of the partnership, Communications and Marketing Officer Úna Harty said: “Donuts are what’s happening right now. A new shop pops up every day but we’re very glad to be partnering with Offbeat, a brand which Trinity students know and love. We are looking to expand the partnership further so this is just the start of something great. One could say that we’ve struck a sweet deal.”

President of TCDSU, Kevin Keane said: “I’m really delighted to begin this partnership with Offbeat. Offbeat is without question the best donut in the city and it is going to be dangerous having them so close to my office! I really think that students are going to appreciate the value and quality that they offer.”

The introduction of the partnership links to manifesto points outlined in both Harty’s and Keane’s campaigns earlier this year. Harty aims to see a “modernisation” of the SU, looking for sponsorship from businesses that students are interested in.

Discussing his manifesto point, Keane said: “It’s a proud moment for me personally as one of my main manifesto points was to oversee an upgrade of the SU shops. It is good to see that come to fruition.”

To mark the launch of the partnership, TCDSU will be running a “like and share” competition on Facebook where the winner will receive their height in donuts. Students can also obtain a voucher for a free donut in Freshers’ Packs available at the TCDSU stand during Freshers’ Week.

Seana Davis is a fourth year Geology student and News Editor of Trinity News.