Trinitones’ Trinity Ball warm up goes viral

The Facebook livestream video broadcast before Trinity Ball has been viewed over 63,000 times

The Trinitones’ cover of “Budapest” by George Ezra has gone viral. The Facebook livestream video broadcast before Trinity Ball has been viewed over 63,000 times at the time of reporting.

The all-male acapella music group’s rendition of Budapest, arranged by Sam White, has been reported on by a number of Irish and British media outlets including Joe.ie, Her.ie and Metro.co.uk.

Though their warm-up video went viral, the group were unable to perform on the night. Speaking to Trinity News, Director of Trinitones, Andy Keenan said: “ Unfortunately due to a scheduling mishap we didn’t get to perform on stage this year, which was very disappointing. The video was as close to a performance as we came. Usually though it represents one of the absolute highlights of the year. Hearing your voice echo around front square is a really special feeling.

Keenan continued: “The video going viral was completely unexpected – we do these kinds of videos every so often and most of the time they don’t get this kind of attention. When we do stuff like this, it’s generally just us having a laugh and enjoying ourselves. That other people seem to enjoy it is really flattering, and we’re delighted to have such positive feedback. The guys all work really hard at the music, and it’s nice to hear that people appreciate it.”

Founded in 2012,  the group celebrated their fifth anniversary last year with a concert in Bello Bar. In 2015, the group reached the semi-finals of the International Championship of Collegiate A Cappella (ICCA) and were nominated for “Best Corporate Entertainer” in the 2015 Entertainment Industry Awards.

A number of different generations have since formed the group’s line up. Their cover of Wheatus’ “Teenage Dirtbag” brought the group to a wider audience in 2013. The group also toured Australia in September 2017, and sang on radio stations such as ABC Sydney, ABC Melbourne as well as ABC National. They will also be performed in The Australian Club, St. Paul’s University, and Irish Consulate in Sydney.

George Ezra headlined Trinity Ball this year. In January Trinity News revealed that George Ezra was set to headline before Trinity Ents announced the music lineout for the Ball, when Ezra added Trinity Ball to his worldwide tour dates prior to the Trinity Ents official line-up announcement. Ezra was joined by many acts on April 6, including Hannah Wants, Jax Jones, and Circa Waves.