Pavilion bar records profit of over €143,000 in 2016/17

The Pavilion Bar (known as the Pav) recorded a profit of over €143,000 during the 2016/17 academic year. The figure was announced tonight at the Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the Dublin University Central Athletic Club (DUCAC).

The profits were announced in the address of the Chairman of the Pavilion bar, Cyril Smith. The gross profit of the Pav amounted to €638,839, with administrative costs of €497,902 resulting in a net profit of €140,937 after an additional sundry income of €2,741.

Of this profit, €110,000 was transferred back to DUCAC, with €20,000 going towards outdoor facilities.

It was also announced that DUCAC received €333,810 in funding from College’s Capitations Committee, down nearly €10,000 from 2015/16. The total Capitations budget comes from student contributions and is divided out amongst DUCAC, the Central Societies Committee (CSC), the Students’ Union, the Graduate Students’ Union and Trinity Publications.

Further developments for the Pav in the future, as announced by Smith, include a renovation of the toilets amounting to circa €70,000, alumni membership cards, and commercial marketing such as functions, receptions and weddings.

Niamh Lynch

Niamh Lynch

Niamh is a 3rd year History and Political Science student and current Deputy Editor of Trinity News.
Niamh Lynch

Editors

Niamh Lynch
Kelly McGlynn
Michael Foley
Katarzyna Siewierska
Clare McCarthy

Aisling Crabbe
Natalia Duda
Sarah Morel
Mike Dolan
John Tierney
Naoise Dolan
Sarah Larragy
Mubbashir Ali Sultan
Nadia Bertaud
Daniel Tatlow

Kevin O'Rourke
Ines Niarchos
Huda Awan