Sailing’s Roisin Harbison elected Vice-Chair of DUCAC

The election took place tonight at DUCAC’s AGM

Sailing’s Roisin Harbison has been elected Vice-Chairperson of the Dublin University Central Athletic Club (DUCAC). The election took place tonight at DUCAC’s Annual General Meeting (AGM) in the Edmund Burke theatre.

After annual reports of Cyril Smith, Chairperson of the Pavilion Bar Committee, Christina Connaughton, Secretary of DUCAC, and Michelle Tanner, Head of Sport in Trinity, voting began in the race for Vice-Chairperson which was the only contested election of the night. Harbison went up against Fencing’s James Bryant. Both candidates had two minutes in which to outline their experience and plans for the year. Harbison won with 96 votes versus Bryant’s 71.

Meanwhile, Dublin University Boat Club’s (DUBC) Sean Canning was elected Treasurer while Roger West was elected the Chairman of the Pavilion Members Committee. The Secretary of DUCAC for 2017/18 will be Ladies’ Boat Club member, Megan Jungmann.

There were only six candidates for eight club representative positions, with candidates for the remaining two positions to be co-opted in at a later date. The six representatives are; Rory Clarke from Mens’ Rugby, Rory Owens from Harriers Athletics, Ladies Hockey’s Caroline Garde, Catherine Liney of Ladies’ Rugby, DUBC’s Cian Flynn and Molly Flynn of the Ladies Boat Club.

Niamh Lynch

Niamh was Editor of the 65th volume of Trinity News. She is a History and Politics graduate.