Clarivate Analytics include Trinity researchers in record numbers on Highly Cited Researchers List

Professor Yvonne Buckley and Professor Jonathan Coleman are among those featured

Trinity researchers across a number of disciplines appear in record numbers on the Highly Cited Researchers 2018 list released today from Web of Science.

Trinity featured on the list 11 times, the highest number of researchers from Trinity on the list to date.

Multiple researchers appeared in the cross-field category, including Professor Aiden Corvin, the head of Psychiatry in Trinity’s School of Medicine. Professor Yvonne Buckley of the School of Natural Sciences was also recognised for her work across plant and animal science and ecology. Professor Andrew Bowie, Professor Michael Gill, Professor Derek Morris, and Professor Georg Duesberg also featured.

Other entries included chemistry, immunology, neuroscience and materials science.

Professor Luke O’Neill and Professor Padraic Fallon appeared in the immunology category while Professor Clare Kelly featured in the neuroscience and behavior category.

Professor Jonathan Coleman from the School of Physics appeared in both the materials science and chemistry categories. Professor Coleman’s research focuses on the production of novel 2D nanomaterials, and has published approximately 300 papers in international journals.

Professor Linda Doyle, Dean of Research, congratulated the researchers on Twitter, saying that the record number of researchers featured on the list “shows how influential and impactful the work we do here is”. She continued: “We’re really proud of all of our researchers here and this list is just a small example of the tremendous work that happens here!”

The Clarivate Analytics Highly Cited Researchers list recognises “world-class researchers selected for their exceptional research performance”. It features over 6,000 influential researchers across the sciences and social sciences. The list is composed of researchers who produce multiple papers that rank in the top 1% by citations for field and year in Web of Science.

Grace Breen

Grace Breen is the current SciTech News Editor of Trinity News. She is a Senior Sophister Physics and Astrophysics student.