Spooky and spectacular: The Annual S2S Halloween Ball

Many Trinity students donned their best black plastic bags, including Elisabeth O’Higgins, who takes us on a journey through the happenings of the nightmarish night

trinity-life

S2S, Sci-fi Soc, and Trinity FM joined forces to put together the ‘Spectacularly Spooky Halloween Ball’, one of the main events of the S2S year. Ghosts, goblins and Pat Hickey in his pyjamas all descended on the Smock Alley Theatre situated in the heart of old Dublin for the evening’s events.

The main hall of the theatre proved fitting for a Halloween event with its high ceilings, stain-glassed windows and wood-panelled walls filled with cobwebs. A face painter was on hand to ensure everybody could add to their costumes on the night.

Wine was provided on arrival followed by buffet-style food including BBQ cocktail sausages, mozzarella in a salsa sauce and vegetable crisps. Trinity FM provided fitting music for the night playing everything from The Time Warp to Ghostbusters.

There were numerous prizes to be won for best costume on the night and there was plenty of competition for the best dressed award including; a session moth, Disney’s Elsa and Legally Blonde herself complete with her Chihuahua Bruiser. The deserved winners on the evening, scooping up their very own Oscars, were Belle and Gaston from Beauty and the Beast. After the best dressed award was presented it was time to move on from the Smock Alley Theatre.

The Turks Head was the venue for the afters where the party continued well into the night. The downstairs area was perfectly decked out in all things spooky including a cob-web and spider laden DJ booth. The face painter stayed on too further adding to the atmosphere. Trinity FM continued to play old school halloween classics mixed with dance and techno.

S2S, Sci-fi Soc and Trinity Fm promised a spectacularly spooky, creepily cheesy, and excitingly eerie night of Halloween fun nobody was left disappointed.