Trinitones launch Australian tour

Trinitones, an all-male a cappella group, will be performing their largest gig ever, in a five hundred seater Athenaeum in Melbourne

Trinitones, an all-male a capella group made up of Trinity students and graduates, have launched their Australian tour, “Land Downunder”.

The group will be singing on radio stations such as ABC Sydney, ABC Melbourne as well as ABC National. They will also be performing in The Australian Club and St. Paul’s University, and have already performed for the Irish Consulate in Sydney.

Speaking to Trinity News, singer Matthew Douglas said: “The group is made up of 18 current and former Trinity students from a wide range of courses. We flew into Sydney two days ago and are currently staying in St. Paul’s College Sydney.”

Douglas continued: “This Monday we will be heading to Melbourne via the Blue Mountains and Apollo Bay. The biggest gig of the trip, and in Trinitones history, will be in the five hundred seater Athenaeum in the city of Melbourne on Monday 18, but we have many radio performances and smaller gigs between now and then.”

The tour, organised by Neil Dunne, Zach Miller Frankel and Fionn McGorry, began on September 6 and will conclude on September 22.

Trinitones, founded in Trinity in 2012, has performed numerous times at festivals such as Trinity Ball and Electric Picnic. In 2015, the group reached the semi-finals of the International Championship of Collegiate A Cappella (ICCA) and were nominated for “Best Corporate Entertainer” in the 2015 Entertainment Industry Awards.

Seana Davis is a fourth year Geology student and News Editor of Trinity News.