Trinity launches new student support campaign

The ‘Lean on Us’ visual art campaign aims to promote the college’s student support services

A new campaign aiming to raise awareness and reduce stigmas surrounding the college’s student support services was officially launched on November 1. Provost Patrick Prendergast was joined by Lean on Us Ambassador Christina Hamilton as well as Chief Operating Officer Geraldine Ruane at the campaign’s launch event in the Global Room.

‘Lean on Us’ is a visual art campaign that consists of a short video featuring both students and staff discussing the use of the college’s student support services, as well as a portrait exhibit depicting pictures of current and former students who made use of these services.

The campaign was helmed by Trinity’s Student Counselling Services and promotes the use of the college’s student services, including the Disability Service, Careers Advisory Service, Counselling Service and Global Relations, and the general support network of staff and alumni available in the college.  

Several Trinity students have been chosen as “Lean on Us ambassadors” to represent the campaign among the student body.  Speaking at the launch event in support of the campaign and its associated services, one such ambassador Christina Hamilton said “there is absolutely no shame in asking for help”.

Provost Patrick Prendergast spoke at the launch, saying “it still takes courage to speak out and admit that one has suffered. I hope that soon we get to a place where this is seen as normal. The ‘Lean on Us’ campaign depends on the courage and willingness to share of alumni and student ambassadors”.

Eoin O'Donnell

Eoin O'Donnell is the current Leader Writer of Trinity News. He is a Senior Sophister History student, and a former Deputy Comment Editor and Deputy Investigations Editor.