Trinity library purchase access to BrowZine app

The app currently offers access to over 14,000 of our academic journal subscriptions

The Library of Trinity has purchased access to BrowZine, a new app by Third Iron, a library technology company. The app aims to make searching for academic journals online easier and faster. The software allows you to search and view the full text straight away. It currently offers access over 14,000 of our academic journal subscriptions.

Though the app was designed specifically for researchers and academic staff, all students and staff at Trinity will also have access to it. BrowZine offers a range of academic journals including history, engineering and technology, physical sciences, and law.

It works with certain publishers and the College’s library to make their content available on the app. BrowZine works with libraries who, in exchange pay an annual licensing fee to make the app available to their community. BrowZine then match the institution’s full text holdings up with its journal list.

Trinity students do not have to make an account with Browzine, and have full access to its contents. Trinity and Ulster University are the only two institutions in Ireland where students have free access to the app.

Sarah Meehan

Sarah is a 2nd year German and Economics student.