Trinity partners with Bank of Ireland on new innovation hub

The hub will be located in a purpose-built space in Trinity Business School

Trinity and Bank of Ireland of Ireland are forming a partnership that will support students and graduates develop innovation and entrepreneurial skills at a new Innovation and Entrepreneurship (I&E) Hub.

The new Bank of Ireland partnership will support the development of a new undergraduate certificate in Innovation and Entrepreneurship as well as the expansion of existing programmes such as LaunchBox, the Trinity student business incubator and new programmes such as expert-led sprints and “hackathons”.

The new I&E Hub will be co-located with the new Trinity Business School on Pearse Street, in a purposely built space that is currently under construction.

Designs have been specified to aid in fostering the creation of new ideas, with built-in workspaces included for students. Trinity hopes the planned I&E Hub will assist in establishing Ireland as the leading European centre for innovation.

Bank of Ireland CEO, Francesca McDonagh, believes the planned partnership will further develop the long-standing relationship between Bank of Ireland and Trinity. Announcing the partnership, he stated: “Today marks the next chapter in our relationship: two of Ireland’s most established institutions joining forces to deliver a transformational vision for Ireland.”

Provost Patrick Prendergast welcomed the announcement and stressed the value of providing students with the adequate support to further development and innovation. “Trinity is committed to providing an environment that supports and encourages innovation at all levels across the university…It is a core element of Trinity’s strategy, ensuring that we create value from our leading research and equip our students with the ability to drive innovation and thrive in a world of constant change. This partnership with Bank of Ireland strengthens our capacity to promote innovation and foster a culture of entrepreneurship among all our students,” he said.

Cian Mac Lochlainn

Cian Mac Lochlainn is an Economics and Politics student, and a Contributing Writer for Trinity News.