Trinity’s Grand Canal Dock campus plan undergoing cost-benefit analysis

Indecon Economic Consultants will carry out a cost-benefit analysis of the €1.25 billion development

The Trinity Technology and Enterprise Campus (TTEC), which is planned for construction at Grand Canal Dock, has moved a step closer to beginning construction. Indecon Economic Consultants have been tasked to carry out a cost-benefit analysis of the €1.25 billion development, following the announcement of plans for the new campus earlier this year.

College stated that the economic cost-benefit analysis carried out by Indecon Consultants will provide investors and stakeholders with “a full understanding of the economic costs and benefits on a local, regional and national level” and estimates that capital in the range of up to €1.25 billion will be required as an investment in the project.

Earlier this year, Trinity announced it had obtained 100,000 square metres in Grand Canal Dock to create the TTEC and has been seeking consultants to carry out the cost-benefit analysis since then. College plans to relocate much of its research facilities there and the campus is expected to facilitate 200 researchers. The first phase of the build, which is projected to be complete in five years, will be the development of an engineering and environmental institute.

College are also planning on building an enterprise hub where companies can rent office space. The project hopes to work in partnership with Cambridge Innovation Centre (CIC) to construct a campus that would be capable of housing 480 companies and create more than a thousand jobs in the long term.

Shane Hughes

Shane Hughes is a Deputy Features Editor of Trinity News. He is a Senior Sophister Film Studies student, and a former Assistant News Editor.