Judith Robinson elected next TCDSU Ents Officer

Robinson received 48.6% of the vote on the second count, while Rynne Cullen received 41.1%

Judith Robinson has been elected as the next Ents Officer of Trinity College Dublin Students’ Union (TCDSU), winning out over opponents Luke Rynne Cullen and Jerico Alcaras. Robinson was elected on the second count, with 1601 votes, or 48.6%. Second place candidate Rynne Cullen received 1355 first votes, or 41.1%.

Jerico Alcaras saw 750 students cast votes in his favour, with the re-open nominations (RON) option receiving 144. This was 22.4% and 4.4% respectively.

Total votes cast in the Ents race amounted to 3293, excluding 118 spoiled votes.

Robinson ran her campaign with an emphasis on eclectic events, while also highlighting the importance of inclusivity. Placing a focus on her “Ents for Good” campaign, Robinson showed her intention to focus on students struggling with addiction and substance abuse, amongst other things.

The Ents race saw an unsurprising conclusion this evening given Robinson’s lead in the Trinity News poll, which saw her garnerning 57% of the vote on the second count. This was over 15% more votes received by second place candidate Luke Rynne Cullen, who received 42% of first-preference votes in the poll. Alcaras was eliminated on the first count of this poll, with slightly over 20% of the vote, while RON received 3%.

Robinson is the current Ents Officer of DU Players. She has previously organised RAG Week events such as the Trinity Ents Drag Race. In her bid for Ents Officer, she held a “Feel the Groove” event in Wigwam on Monday night.

Speaking to Trinity News, Robinson expressed her delight at the result: “I’m so overwhelmed, I just didn’t know what was going to happen. But I’m so excited, I can’t wait.”

Peter Kelly

Peter Kelly is the current Assistant Editor of Trinity News. He is a Junior Sophister Law student, and a former Deputy News Editor.