Module enrollment opens for second and third year students at 2pm

Students will have until midnight on August 24 to choose modules for the upcoming year

Senior fresh and junior sophister students will be allowed to register for modules for the upcoming year from 2pm today.

Students will have until midnight August 24 to choose modules for the upcoming academic year. 

Module enrollment was due to open in July but was then pushed back to an unknown date in August. Last Friday, students received an email informing them that enrollment would be opening today. 

According to Academic Registry (AR), students’ choice of modules in their course will depend on the pathway they selected in June and places will be allocated on a first-come-first-served basis.

Module choices must also be semester balanced according to AR and students will supposedly ““not be able to leave online module enrolment” if their choices are unbalanced.

AR also said that class choices should be “made carefully” after “consulting your course handbook and departmental website”. It also advised students to check how module choices would affect future choices, such as the ability to complete a capstone project in senior sophister year.

Junior fresh students will make module choices in September after Leaving Certificate results and CAO offers have been released. 

This year’s senior sophister students are the final year not to participate in Trinity Pathways, and thus have their module registration process handled separately. Pathways was brought in as part of the Trinity Education Project, and from the 2022/23 academic year onwards it will apply to all years except on courses which are exempt from the structure.

Last year, online module enrollment for senior fresh students opened later than the announced time following a series of delays to the system.

Enrollment for senior fresh modules through the my.tcd.ie portal opened half an hour after the preannounced time of 11am following delays earlier in the week that saw the opening of enrollment pushed from Monday, September 21 to Friday, September 25.

Kate Henshaw

Kate Henshaw is current Editor-in-Chief of Trinity News, and a graduate of Sociology and Social Policy. She previously served as Deputy Editor, News Editor and Assistant News Editor.