Campus to reopen to the public from October 22

Learning spaces are to operate at “full capacity” after Reading Week

Campus is also due to reopen to the public from October 22. This will be the first time that the public will be able to access campus since March 2020. 

Learning spaces are to operate at “full capacity” after Reading Week.

In an email from Trinity Communications this afternoon, College confirmed that they will be “removing the rules around social distancing in indoor spaces from this Friday” to allow learning spaces to operate at full capacity. 

They noted that “timetables were issued earlier this week reflecting these changes” and emphasised the need for people to “exercise personal responsibility, continue to wear face masks and do not come into College if Covid-19 symptomatic”.

Campus is also due to reopen to the public this Friday, October 22. They said that “the additional security measures we have become used to at the entrance gates will be removed over the coming weeks”.

Also, buildings “currently on swipe access only will be restored to pre-pandemic access to allow free circulation of students and staff” and “visitors to buildings for College activity will need to be managed to ensure contact tracing is possible”. More guidance will be issued on this “when logistics are finalised”.

The existing restrictions on indoor dining will continue as per government guidelines. College have said that the Buttery “the Buttery will continue to operate as it has been” with “proof of vaccination and photo ID”, but “tables can now accommodate a maximum of 10 adults”.

Masks will continue to be required “at all teaching and learning events, in all the Libraries, dedicated research space and in internal public areas on campus”. Face coverings must also be worn in “shared office spaces when moving around”.

Indoor events on campus will still require “a full Event Management Plan to be submitted to Trinity Enquiries with sufficient notice”. However, College are “looking to simplify this process in the coming weeks”.

Other restrictions to continue at indoor events are checking of Covid-19 certificates, checking of photo ID and attendee details to be retained for contact tracing purposes.

Mixed immunity events will be permitted if they are “laid out in well-spaced Pods of 6”.

As previously announced, the library will return to full capacity with no social distancing from October 22 and the booking system will be removed.

Exceptions to this include, “at the request of the Graduate Students’ Union, the booking system will remain in place in the 1937 Postgraduate Reading Room”. The Joint Research Collections Reading Room will also maintain a booking system,” due to preparatory works for the Old Library Redevelopment Project”.

Kate Henshaw

Kate Henshaw is current Editor-in-Chief of Trinity News, and a graduate of Sociology and Social Policy. She previously served as Deputy Editor, News Editor and Assistant News Editor.