Breaking: College “continues to plan to open tomorrow”, despite Orange weather warning

Dublin is to return to an Orange weather warning from 1am to 7am tomorrow

College “continues to plan to open tomorrow”, December 8, a spokesperson for College has told Trinity News.

College plans to “review this early tomorrow”.

This is despite Dublin being set to re-enter orange weather warning status from 1am to 7am tomorrow, Wednesday December 8. 

At 6:54pm this evening the Department of Further and Higher Education tweeted: “The Department is advising that all further and higher education institutions that are currently or forecast to be in a Red or Orange weather warning area should remain closed tomorrow [December 8].”

College was closed today as a result of a level Orange weather warning which was in place for all of Dublin. 

College had confirmed the reopening earlier this evening in an email to all staff and students from Interim Chief Operating Officer Orla Cunningham.

The email read: “We are delighted to confirm that the college will open as normal tomorrow following today’s closure due to the storm warning.”

College also confirmed that graduations that could not take place today would take place Wednesday “at the same time and in the same place as originally planned”.

Also in the email College noted that “electricity supply is still difficult in places” and advised students and staff to “use any opportunity they have to keep laptops and phones charged” and “take care when you are travelling both today and tomorrow when there are still likely to be high winds”.

Kate Henshaw

Kate Henshaw is current Editor-in-Chief of Trinity News, and a graduate of Sociology and Social Policy. She previously served as Deputy Editor, News Editor and Assistant News Editor.