DJ Seinfield, Malaki and GRACEY set to play Trinity Ball 2022

Several acts from the cancelled 2020 event are finally coming to campus

DJ Seinfield and Malaki will be playing at this years’ Trinity Ball, accompanied by GRACEY.

After a two year hiatus, Trinity Ball is set to make its comeback on April 22 of this year. A Trinity Ents source has revealed several of the upcoming acts set to play at what is often described as “Europe’s largest private party”.

Swedish artist DJ Seinfield will return to Dublin after being in the line-up for the 2020 ball, which was ultimately cancelled due to the pandemic. Producing electronic dance music mixed with lo-fi sounds, he has recently released a single entitled Listen & Nisida (Remixed) Vol.3.

Dublin-born artist Malaki will take to the stage to perform his mix of hip-hop and spoken word. Malaki, who also performed at St Patrick’s Festival, peppers his work with Irish colloquialisms, while highlighting stereotypes and seeking to break down stigma surrounding issues such as toxic masculinity. His most recent single, The Light, is available on all major streaming platforms. Malaki also will be touring the UK and Ireland this year, with Dublin dates in May and June.

23-year-old GRACEY, hailing from Brighton, rose to fame through the 2020 duet track Don’t Need Love, which reached number 9 on the UK Singles Chart and stayed there for two weeks. After having to postpone her 2020 tour due to COVID, the pop star will take to the stage in Dublin next month as part of the ball.

The theme this year is “Celtic Revival”, and event organisers say they want to focus on the re-emergence and re-birth of Irish culture as society recovers from the most difficult years of the pandemic. Trinity Ents want to use the event to “present and platform a new wave of Irish talent”, according to the organisation’s Instagram page.

For many students, this will be the first Trinity Ball they have a chance to attend. The cancelled 2020 event was to be headlined by British rapper Tinie Tempah headlining, ultimately two years of the event were missed due to the pandemic. Many Trinity students are eagerly awaiting what some would describe as the biggest social event of the year, which will occur just before exams begin.

This coming Monday, March 21, Trinity Ents is hosting a line-up announcement party in Workman’s Club. With the doors opening at 7pm, tickets can be purchased for €2 on the Ents Fixr App, with all proceeds going to the UNICEF appeal for Ukraine.

Trinity Ball will take place on April 22nd, with tickets going on sale on Wednesday 23 March at 9am.