Tinie Tempah to headline Trinity Ball 2022

Other acts include CMAT, Biig Piig and Alan Fitzpatrick

Tinie Tempah will headline the upcoming Trinity Ball, Trinity Ents has announced.

Trinity Ents revealed this year’s line-up at an announcement party in Chaplin’s this evening. Other acts playing include Alan Fitzpatrick, Biig Piig, CMAT, Malaki, GRACEY and DJ Seinfeld.

Often described as “Europe’s largest private party”, Trinity Ball will return to campus on April 22 after a two-year hiatus. This year’s theme is “Celtic Revival”, with ten of the fifteen performing acts being Irish. Trinity Ents had previously said that they want to focus on the re-emergence of Irish culture and were working on a line-up to tie in with this theme.

British rapper Tinie Tempah had previously been booked to headline the 2020 Trinity Ball, which was cancelled due to the onset of Covid-19. DJ Seinfeld and Malaki were also in the 2020 line-up.

Tinie Tempah is known for his 2011 breakout single Pass Out and has won two BRIT awards and four MOBO awards.

British DJ Alan Fitzpatrick was also announced in the line-up. He is best known for his “big-room” techno style and his best-known tracks include 2012’s Skeksis and 2016’s We Do What We Want.

Jessica Symth, also known as Biig Piig, is an Irish singer and rapper based in West London who performs in both English and Spanish. Malaki is a Dublin-born rapper known for his hip hop and spoken word performances.

Ciara Mary-Alice Thompson, known professionally as CMAT, is a Dublin-based singer. Her debut album, If My Wife New I’d Be Dead, was released in February 2022 and entered the Irish Album Charts at number one.

Brighton-born GRACEY rose to fame through the 2020 duet track Don’t Need Love, which reached number 9 on the UK Singles Chart and stayed there for two weeks.

Swedish artist DJ Seinfeld is known for songs such as These Things Will Come To Be and U Already Know. Other acts in the line-up include 49th & Main, Prospa, Obskur, Plantain Papi, Just Wondering, Trinity Orchestra, DUDJ and Metabolix.

Tickets will go on sale for Trinity Ball from www.trinityball.ie on Wednesday March 23 at 9am.

Ellen Kenny

Ellen Kenny is the current Deputy Editor of Trinity News and a Senior Sophister student of Politics and Sociology. She previously served as Assistant Editor and Features Editor