Chair, Treasurer and Amenities Officer resign from Trinity Publications

Trinity Publications has confirmed an EGM will be held in the coming weeks.

The Chair, Treasurer and Amenities Officer of Trinity Publications have resigned, Trinity News can confirm.

The Trinity Publications executive committee confirmed the news in a statement to Trinity News: “The publications committee plan to hold an EGM for the positions of Chair, treasurer and amenities officer. Details will be posted on our socials in the coming days.”

Shannon McGreevy had been elected Chair in March of this year, having previously served as Secretary of Trinity Publications. 

In a statement to Trinity News, McGreevy commented on her resignation as Chair: “My decision to resign as Chair of Trinity Publications was not made lightly, many weeks of consideration and deliberation went into it. As my final year project is coming to a conclusion and the workload is increasing, it is time for me to step away and allow someone who can afford to give the position the time and effort it requires to step up.”

“I inherited many issues that were leftover from previous executives that I did not anticipate and tried very hard over the summer to resolve. As an unpaid position as well, I cannot afford to dedicate as much time to the role.”

Treasurer Ellen Kenny had also been elected to the Trinity Publications committee in March 2022, having previously served as Alumni Officer.

In a statement to Trinity News, Kenny confirmed her resignation as Treasurer: “Changes in my personal and professional life have meant that sadly, remaining Treasurer is no longer in the best interest of Trinity Publications or myself. However, I still thank that Pubs is a great community and I hope to continue supporting them however best I can in the future.”

Amenities Officer Laura Galvin did not respond to a request for comment.

Trinity Publications is one of Trinity’s five capitated bodies, which receive funding from College through the Capitations Committee. The other four are Trinity College Dublin Students’ Union (TCDSU), the Graduate Students’ Union (GSU), the Central Societies Committee (CSC), and Dublin University Central Athletic Club (DUCAC).

Publications uses its funding to support student-run publications and magazines including Trinity News, Icarus, TN2 and the Piranha.

Eva O'Beirne

Eva O'Beirne is the Social Media and Management Editor of Trinity News and a Senior Sophister History Student. She has previously served as the Deputy Life Editor and Sex and Relationships Editor.