Shaking buckets, dancing shoes or naked calendar? How you can get involved in this year’s RAG Week with Cancer Soc

Cancer Soc is heading up this year’s Raise and Give Week with three different events, with proceeds going towards the Irish Cancer Society

TCD Cancer Society (Cancer Soc) are set to launch their annual naked calendar tomorrow as part of Raise and Give (RAG) Week.

The society has also organised a number of other fundraising events throughout the week along with other charitable societies on campus. From 10am until 5pm today, volunteers for all of the charitable societies of Trinity will seek to raise funds through bucket collections, which will be divided between all societies involved.

This evening will see the return of the Charity Ball in Farrier & Draper, and again all ticket proceeds and raffle donations will be split between the charitable societies. As stated by the chairperson of Cancer Soc, “We’re really excited about this, it’s a nice excuse to dress up and spread awareness about the great work that Trinity charitable societies are doing.”

The naked calendar produced by Cancer Soc in association with 11 other societies will be launched tomorrow at 6.30 pm. Speaking to Trinity News, Cancer Soc said they are “so grateful for [the] bravery and generosity” of the calendar’s contributors, adding “They look great too!”

The society expects a high turnout – so be sure to arrive in good time to snag yourself a calendar. Bring your dancing shoes along to this event as well, as DUDJ will be providing the tunes. According to the society, there will also be a range of raffle prizes up for grabs. All proceeds will be donated to the Irish Cancer Society, an extremely worthy cause.

Raise and Give Week aims to promote charitable donations and activities for students. The week-long campaign is a popular tradition among colleges and universities across the UK and Ireland.