677 students receive Trinity Entrance Exhibition Awards

The students come from 460 schools across over thirty countries

A total of 677 students will receive Entrance Exhibition Awards from College this week.

The award is given to students who achieve the highest number of points in their Leaving Certificate or equivalent exams amongst entrants to Trinity College Dublin.

The awards will be given to students at two ceremonies this week with students’ school principals welcome to attend. This is the first time since 2019 that the event will take place in person with Provost Linda Doyle saying that “It is fantastic to be holding our Entrance Exhibition Awards ceremony in person again for the first time since 2019.”

The award, which had its requirements changed in 2018, previously only required students to achieve 560 CAO points or equivalent in their exams. Up to twenty students from any one school could also receive the award. This has since been changed and limited to just the top scoring student from each school.

While discussing the disruption which had Covid-19 pandemic had caused to students Doyle said that she hopes “the resilience they developed during that difficult period will always stand to them, and I hope they are now making the most of the Trinity experience.”

The award, which is now reserved for those who achieve a minimum of 500 CAO points or equivalent, has been given to many notable figures in Irish political and cultural life such as Leo Varadkar. Recipients of the award will be given a certificate and a €150 book voucher.

Alan Nolan Wilson

Alan Nolan Wilson is the current News Analysis Editor of Trinity News, and a Junior Sophister Geography and History student. He previously served as Correspondent for College.