DU Dance Soc reprises annual best dance crew competition for charity

Profits from the March 22 Button Factory competition will be donated to the hospital-funding organisation MOVE

DU Dance Soc has announced the return of the Trinity’s Best Dance Crew (TBDC) competition, Trinity’s largest dance event.

The competition, which aims to determine the Best Dance Crew of 2023, will be hosted by DU Dance and other societies at The Button Factory on March 22 at 7pm. Profits from the event will go towards the charity MOVE (Medical Overseas Voluntary Elective), an organisation run by medical students to fund hospitals in developing countries.

Talking to Trinity News, Chairperson of DU Dance Aiesha Wong shared her hopes for the competition: “TBDC has always been a highlight of our year at DU Dance. We’re extremely excited to be able to bring so many societies from all across campus together to get people up on stage and perform for such a great cause.”

In addition to the central competition, which will see a variety of familiar faces from societies across campus battle it out for the highly coveted title of TBDC, the night will also feature a “non-competitive showcase section in between performances ranging from music to more.”

If you’re interested in getting involved DU Dance are still currently taking applications from both society dance crews and non-competitive solo/group performers until midnight. Just email [email protected] with your name, details of the type of performance you will be doing, and a video submission of either the piece or an example of your performance. 

Jayna Rohslau

Jayna Rohslau is the Arts and Culture Editor and is currently in her Senior Fresh year studying English in the Dual BA