Hamilton Library to open 24/7 for duration of Kinsella Hall closure

Students had expressed frustration with previous revised opening hours of the Hamilton which excluded weekends

The Hamilton Library will be open on a 24/7 basis for the duration of the closure of Kinsella Hall, in an update to revised opening hours which previously excluded weekends.

Students of medicine and dentistry had expressed frustration with the reduction of 24-hour library access, while their examinations are still ongoing or yet to begin.

Temporarily altered opening hours will apply from Monday, May 15 until Sunday, June 11, with the reopening of the Ussher Library and Kinsella Hall, which are undergoing renovations to improve fire safety measures.

Students have been informed that books and materials held in the Ussher will not be freely accessible for the duration of its closure, and were instructed to borrow any necessary materials before this afternoon. Requests for materials may be facilitated in “urgent cases only”.

PCs with access to electronic legal deposit content are available in the Hamilton Library, as well as the IT Services PC rooms elsewhere in the building.

The statement reminded students to bring student ID to access both the Hamilton Building and the Hamilton Library, and added that “physical signage and social media will be used to keep readers informed”.