Pádraig Mac Brádaigh elected as first sabbatical Oifigeach na Gaeilge

Mac Brádaigh received 92.25% of the vote in the uncontested election

Pádraig Mac Brádaigh has been elected as the first full-time sabbatical Oifigeach na Gaeilge (Irish Language Officer) of the Trinity College Dublin Students’ Union (TCDSU).

Running unopposed, Mac Brádaigh received 92.25% of first preference votes. The remaining 7.75% voted to


Trinity BDS form blockade at Book of Kells Experience

The dean of students promised protestors he would bring the issue to Provost Linda Doyle

Students led by Trinity BDS (TCD BDS) have begun a sit-in protest inside the Book of Kells Experience against College’s “complicity with genocide in Gaza”.

Protestors first gathered in the Book of Kells Experience gift shop before moving to also …


Pádraig Mac Brádaigh réidh le bua compordach sa toghchán neamhiomaidh

Le 94.01% de vótálaithe, tá Pádraig Mac Brádaigh chun ollbhua a bhaint amach leis an bhfuinneamh on bhfeachtas “Gaeilge Initiative”

Dar leis an bpobalbhreith Trinity News, táthar ag súil go mbuafaidh Pádraig Mac Brádaigh an toghchán le haghaidh Oifigeach na Gaeilge, le 94.4% den vóta. Ní haon iontas é, toisc gur chruthaigh sé gur feachtasóir iontach ann mar chinnire an

Gaeilge, News

Pádraig Mac Brádaigh announced as sole candidate for Oifigeach na Gaeilge

The election will be held alongside the other TCDSU sabbatical elections


Pádraig Mac Brádaigh will be the sole candidate running for the new Oifigeach na Gaeilge (Irish Language Officer) in the upcoming Trinity College Dublin Students’ Union (TCDSU) sabbatical election. 

This is the first time in which the position will be


Students complain of lack of support during Erasmus process

A number of students came forward to talk to Trinity News issues with the Erasmus process


Students currently on Erasmus have complained about a lack of support during the summer, trouble registering for modules, and a need for clarity on other universities’ form of assessment.

One anonymous Joint Honours (JH) Italian and French student told Trinity


TCDSU votes to organise referendum on full-time Irish language officer

The referendum would also give constitutional status to the Irish language within the union


Trinity College Dublin Students’ Union (TCDSU) passed a motion to begin organising a referendum to have a full-time Irish Language Officer.

This will also give the Irish language official constitutional status within TCDSU.

The referendum will be held on the