Zöe Cummins elected TCDSU education officer

The incumbent STEM convenor received 89.5% percent of the vote

STEM Convenor Zöe Cummins has been elected as the 2022/23 education officer of Trinity College Dublin Students’ Union (TCDSU).

Running unopposed for the position, Cummins was elected with 89.5% of the vote. Re-open nominations received the remaining 10.5%. There were …


GSU funding remains suspended after seven months

The union’s funding was frozen in late July 2021 after GSU leadership failed to comply with an investigation into its conduct

College funding for the Graduate Students’ Union (GSU) remains suspended, more than seven months after that decision was initially taken.

The office of the senior dean confirmed to Trinity News that the organisation has not received funding since late July

News Analysis

Education race: Cummins set for comfortable win in uncontested election

The STEM convenor is predicted to win about nine-tenths of the vote

Running uncontested for the role of Trinity College Dublin Students’ Union (TCDSU) Education Officer, incumbent STEM convenor Zöe Cummins received 90.5% of first preference votes in last week’s Trinity News poll, with the remainder going to re-open nominations (RON).…


Student dies in incident in Library

TCDSU sabbatical election campaigning has been suspended as a mark of respect

A student died in an incident in Trinity’s Ussher Library last night.

The body of the student, who has not been publicly named, was found at approximately 8:50pm.

In a statement, Gardaí said: “Pearse Street Gardaí and emergency services attended …


Fullam campaign given minor strike by EC

The presidential candidate is to be barred from canvassing for an hour today

Presidential candidate Gabi Fullam was issued with a minor strike by the Trinity College Dublin Students’ Union (TCDSU) Electoral Commission (EC) yesterday evening.

This is the first strike the EC has issued since campaigning began on Monday (February 21). The …


Referendum on TCDSU constitutional reform postponed

Union Forum and the sabbatical team opposed voting on the proposed constitution in its current form


Trinity College Dublin Students’ Union (TCDSU) Council has voted against putting a proposed new version of its constitution to referendum. The motion was proposed by Yannick Goster, USC Representative and seconded by Zöe Cummins, STEM Convenor.

Gloster cited the union’s …

News Analysis

Poll: How are you voting in the 2022 sabbatical officer elections?

Trinity News is running our annual poll to gauge students’ opinions on a range of issues


Trinity News is running our annual poll ahead of the Trinity College Dublin Students’ Union (TCDSU) sabbatical officer elections next week, and we want to hear what you think.

Our main interest is learning what students think about the upcoming …