Keane and Haim announced for Summer Series

They join The Specials and Walking On Cars in next year’s line-up so far

Keane and Haim have been announced as the next acts to join the line-up for the Trinity Summer Series 2020. They join The Specials and Walking on Cars, the other artists announced for the series of concerts so far. 

HAIM will perform in College Park on Tuesday, June 30, while Keane will perform on Thursday, July 2.

Keane released their fifth studio album “Cause and Effect” on September 20 of this year. Last month, they played a sold-out show to the Olympia Theatre in Dublin. 

The British Rock band related their first album “Hopes and Fears” in 2004, which topped the UK charts. “Cause and Effect” is their first album in 7 years. 

HAIM will be performing songs from their upcoming album, which does not yet have a name. The album which will feature the recently released singles “Summer Girl” and “Now I’m In It” .

The pop threesoms is made up of three sisters; Este Haim, Danielle Haim, and Alana Haim. They formed in 2007 and are from Los Angeles. 

Tickets for both Keane and Haim are priced at €49.90 and go on sale from 9am on Friday, November 29. 

Next year’s Trinity Summer Series will mark the fourth year of the event, which was first run in 2016.

The event is organised in partnership between the promotion company MCD Productions and Trinity’s Commercial Revenue Unit. 

Last year’s Summer Series drew large crowds, with over 35,000 people visiting campus during the first week of July to attend the show. Each of the seven concerts attracted approximately 5,000 people throughout the week. 

Hosting the event has been a welcome source of income for College, who have described it as a “key funding stream for the Provost’s scholarship programme”. 

This article was updated at 17:16 on November 24 to correct an error which said that tickets would go on sale on Friday, November 2. Tickets are expected to go on sale on Friday, November 29.