Extraordinary meeting of Council fails to reach quorum

This follows last week’s scheduled council meeting failing to have one third of Council members present, meaning Council cannot take place

Trinity College Dublin’s Students’ Union (TCDSU) has failed to reach quorum for the second time in two weeks. 

TCDSU Council was postponed last Tuesday, November 22, after the mandatory quota for Council to be held was not reached. 

The Electoral Commission (EC) rescheduled the third Council of this year for this evening at 6:30pm on Zoom, however, motions were postponed after quorum was not reached after items for noting. 

After quorum was not reached last week, Council decided to hold a townhall, where no motions would be voted on. Items on the agenda were discussed, however, no motions were passed.

One third of members of Council must be in attendance in order to reach quorum under the TCDSU constitution.

This is the third time this term that TCDSU have failed to reach quorum before or during a Council meeting, with quorum being lost at their first meeting of the academic year, and not reaching quorum before last week’s meeting