Trinity offers up to €145,000 in search for Interim Chief Financial Officer

Current CFO Ian Mathews is leaving this semester

Trinity is searching for an Interim Chief Financial Officer with a salary of between €115,887 and €145,646 available to the successful candidate.

Current Chief Financial Officer (CFO) Ian Mathews is expected to leave Trinity in the coming weeks to take on the role of Vice-Chancellor of Administrative and Financial Affairs at Abu Dhabi University from December 7.

The new postholder is to be entitled to the €115,000 to €145,000 salary in accordance with the 114 Senior Administrative 1 (schedule B) salary scale. In 2018, this pay schedule ranged from €114,740 to €144,186.

An advertisement for the position notes the Interim CFO can be expected to provide “strategic leadership to the University on all financial strategy, management and investment matters as they relate to the running of the University”.

It continues to state: “The successful candidate will be an important member of the senior executive team and will be expected to bring strategic vision and the ability to build productive working relationships within the University and externally.”

The upcoming Interim CFO position has a 12-month contract.

Mathews has held the role of CFO since 2009, prior to which he held senior roles in the Financial Services Division over 16 years of working in Trinity. Provost Patrick Prendergast congratulated Matthews on his new position in Abu Dhabi, stating: “Ian has had a tremendously successful 24 years in Trinity and we wish him well.”

In September, Trinity won Finance Team of the Year at the British Accountancy Awards, having already scooped the prize for best finance team at the Irish Accountancy Awards earlier this year.

Speaking to Trinity News, Mathews outlined that over the last ten years the team “moved from a compliance basis to one of strategic vision and insight during a planned period of transformation, including the implementation of a state of the art IT system, organisational change and a sustained focus on our mission, vision and values”.