World Space Week 2013 comes to Trinity, October 4th-10th.

Anthea Lacchia

Staff Writer

With the start of the academic year, do you find you have your head stuck in the clouds? That may be a good thing, because it’s that time of year again, a time when we are encouraged to cast our thoughts outside our planet and into space! World Space Week is an international celebration of science and technology, and their contribution to the betterment of the human condition that runs annually from the 4th-10th of October. Trinity is actively engaged in research that is crucial to the theme of World Space Week 2013: “Exploring Mars, Discovering Earth”. Through a packed programme of free talks, tours, interactive exhibits and workshops, scientists and researchers will invite the public to learn more about Mars.

Over the course of the week, a number of world-leading scientists will discuss how their research is relevant to our exploration of Mars. Not only will there be lectures on themes varying from impact craters to the origin of the Earth, but there will also be a showcase of robotics research in Trinity and a 3D visualization of Mars exhibit.

Family Day takes place in Trinity on Saturday 5th October. Throughout the day, you’ll be able to take your pick of talks, tours, workshops and interactive exhibits.

For more information and details of events and venues, please visit www.spaceweek.ie

Full timetable below:

Space_Week_Timetable_Full_week copy